Vienna Insurance Group in Poland: Acquisition of the Polisa Life Insurance Company
"The purchase of Polisa opens up an interesting opportunity for the Vienna Insurance Group to intensify its life insurance business in Poland", explains Günter Geyer, CEO of the Vienna Insurance Group, with regard to the strategic aspects of the acquisition. "Poland is seeing positive development in spite of economically challenging times. In particular in the life insurance market there are good opportunities for growth."
The life insurance company Polisa, based in Warsaw, was founded in 1995. The focus of its product portfolio is group insurance and it thus rounds off the portfolio of the Vienna Insurance Group. Polisa, with more than 120 employees, generated a premium volume of about EUR 21 million in 2010. The diversified distribution channels of the company comprise a network of brokers throughout the country, 16 regional offices and 30 representative offices.
With about 38 million inhabitants, Poland is one of the largest markets in Central and Eastern Europe and a core market for the Vienna Insurance Group. In relation to the total market, the Vienna Insurance Group achieved an excellent fourth place in the market ranking in Poland in the first half year of 2011. The purchase of Polisa has no significant influence on this market share.
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Vienna Insurance Group - reports top results after first three quarters of 2021 (18.11.2021 12:24)
- Vienna Insurance Group - results for the first half-year 2021. (24.08.2021 15:00)
- Vienna Insurance Group - the results for the first half-year 2021 (20.08.2021 10:24)
- Vienna Insurance Group - 3M 2021 Results (25.05.2021 14:55)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Annual General Meeting 2021 (05.05.2021 16:06)